Sunday, September 30, 2007

Well, not a ton has happened since I last wrote. I am just learning to really love it here and feel like I have known all my new friends for years. It is so easy to become comfortable friends with those who are in or have been in the same boat. I have been making a lot of my secret recipe cookies and taking them to those who need a thank you. I gave some to the superintendent of my building tonight to kiss up since I got him in trouble on accident. I mentioned in passing to the building manager that he would be installing my a/c unit and she yelled at him and told him he couldn't do them anymore. He said I only lost him a few hundred dollars every month. I felt really bad but we agreed to keep things between he and I that go on in the building and I think were on the up and up again. You have to be in good with your super in NY. Especially when he lives directly across the hall. I truly love my apartment now that we are settling in. I get sad sometimes just because everyone is missing how cute Averie is every day. Especially Bryce. She holds her babies and says shhhh, and rocks them, tries to feed them her cereal and bottles. She will yell "top it, time out" and throw them in her pack and play. Our door man is an old black man, very sweet, and every time we walk out of the front door Averie yells "Sunny's". That's his name, Sunny. If you listen closely, she is always telling you a story about what we did yesterday, or something she saw, never baby jibber jabber anymore, always substance to what she's saying. She sings loudly in sacrament and tries to share. The funniest is when she raises her hand to hit my face or someone else. She pauses hand mid air and pats lightly on my cheek and say's " Hi Mama.. Hi. Luv ou" She gets tempted to do something wrong and even if she starts to do it, she usually stops in the middle and perks up her lips for a kiss to say sorry. She is SUCH a good girl. She really does have a natural ability to want to be good and CTR. Chaleh is coming out in Oct, and Ma and Pa soon I hope. Every one else is always welcome. We have plenty of sleeping space. There are 14 rooms on campus that are for student guests, the beds are fulls, but I went to check them out the other day and they are really nice and clean. only 3 years old. Only $135 a night. That's a steal for NY. Only 1 block from my house, but they fill up fast so I need some notice. Hope every one is doing well. Oh, Michael Ballum (sp?) was at our church to day ( Satan in temple movie). Apparently he has a 2nd home in our ward. Bryce was pointing to him and saying that he thought it looked like him and I sad NAH! Some one confirmed it after church. Take care all and how about a call here or there...... I mean jeez.... nice to know ya!

2 comments:

CHELSEY said...

Sorry for livin'. I call you prob too much. But hey, Averie misses Aunt Chels the mostest.

CHELSEY said...

Oh...and let's not talk about us missing Averie. I'm still bitter you took her away from us.....

Playlist