It was good to have family home evening on the web cam! I actually felt like I was really there. This week was a pretty busy one. The usual fiascoes the city brings of course. I went to the Chiropractor in White Plains NY. They told me it was really easy to get there....just to go to Grand Central and get on the Metro N to White Plains. Everyone calls the subway a train here. So I am at the Subway station at Time Square/ Grand Central looking all over, telling the attendant what this lady told me. That I just get on the blue line and go all the way to white plains. She was like, the subway doesn't go to White Plains, I don't know of a single train that goes to WP. I called the Chiropractor office (luckily my phone worked, usually it doesn't in the subway station) and the receptionist was like.... what? I take the blue line all the time to white plains and the subway attendant is sitting there like "IT DOESN'T GO ALL THE WAY TO WHITE PLAINS IT STOPS AT INWOOD!!!" Well the receptionist says "are you talking about the subway?" I say "YEAH" She Say's "NO, You have to go to the TRAIN station and catch an actual train." I was like HELLO........ How am I supposed to know you mean an actual train when everyone calls the subway a train? DUH. So I took my first actual Train ride. It was a little weird. But it was really pretty there. Kind of like Sugar House. Needless to say I was an hour late for my appointment. Then Saturday night after being awake with Averie for 3 hours in the middle of the night (she keeps saying her nose hurts) about to fall asleep at 3:30 am, a HUGE crash out on the street right on our corner. Bryce and I ran outside to see if everyone was okay. This lady was laying in the road, head bleeding, saying she was tired and wanted to go to sleep. Her friend was laying on her balling and yelling "DON"T GET UP, Just lay there and DON"T FALL ASLEEP. It was the craziest thing I had ever seen. 2 ladies in an SUV hit a taxi head on and both of the cars were completely demolished in the front. Car parts big and small scattered all up and down the street. Any way, I don't know if she made it or not. We finally went to sleep at 5:30 am. Didn't make it to church after that. I went to the bishops house for a Waffle party. It was interesting. I found out that my Bishop, John Moe and his wife Marilee Jacobson are both models and met in Europe. She was pretty famous in Germany. He is also a really high profile photographer. He takes pictures of models for High fashion magazines, and people like P Diddy hire him to come take photo's at private party's on his private Yacht. Which makes me laugh because you can only imagine what goes on at those private parties that my bishop is taking pictures of. He also does stuff for the Romney family. Anyway...Interesting family. We went to dinner and shopping in SOHO this weekend and that was a really cool place. It's like a little mini vacation when we go on a date. Hope every one else is doing well. It's getting cold here and our heater actually came on today. I just bought my first pair of galoshes and rain coat. You actually need those things here. I used to think those things were something people just wore for fun. Chaleh will be the first LUCKY one to come and stay with us and see our mansion. We are excited to have our first company. Put your walkin shoes on! Take care all.
Love the Waters



1 comment:
Train, subway, who knows? I have never been on either. Except for maybe the Heber Creeper, but that just drives down the street & back. I'll have a lot of 'firsts' when I come to visit!
Post a Comment