Thursday, November 6, 2008

DAMN PESKY VERMIN!




This is #4. I should feel grateful, I have friends here who catch one a night. But the first year we were here we had NOTHING. Since we've been back from the summer we've had a large cockroach, a small one, a centipede (Thanks Tara Kerr, I told you I would have a run in with one as soon as I read your post, and sure enough, 5 days later) and now our 4th mouse. They're not a problem like I've heard in other buildings but I'm sure sick of them. And why do they always come out when I'm on the computer. Every time I spot one it's mid morning and I'm on the computuer and I catch it running from under the stove in the kitchen to behind the bookshelf out of the corner of my eye. So the traps at night haven't been working. I realized if I turn out all the lights while I take a nap in the afternoon while Averie is sleeping they sneak out and I wake up to squeaking. The glue traps are really a weird invention and I can't believe they expect you to kill the mouse after he gets stuck on it. Needless to say, Bryce is never around when the little sucker shows his face so I have to go plead with the doorman or superintedant to come and rid of my friend. Well hopefully after we come back from Christmas break with the baby, we'll only have about 5 months left in this dirty city, cross your fingers.

5 comments:

CHELSEY said...

Ugh. Icky! Ah! You're definitely getting the full experience of living in the city! Silly rats, houses are for people

The Halbaschs said...

HOLY CRAP!!! I would die. You are much braver than I would be. Just think only five more months and you are done with school and hopefully NYC.

Jamie Bowers said...

Discusting!! I hope you get out of the dirty city also. So...eyes still set on the O.C.?1

Rachel said...

Hey I hear those things cook up just like chicken. But you are right...dirty city you belong here..home in Zion, teeheehee!

The Barnard Family said...

Thats Gross!!! I'm not sure we really needed to see it, but thanx for shareing. Our dog slinkey was having a heyday trying to get to a mouse in our house just the other night. He could smell it under the cupboards but couldn't get to it.

Playlist