Tuesday, April 29, 2008

I am throwing a shower for one of my good friends here this saturday and NY doesn't know what scrapbooking or crafting is so I had to have my sister find paper in Utah and ship to me to make the invites. I know it doesn't really look like a baby shower invite but thats the colors for her Nursery. I was so excited to make them though. I always like playing with my artsy side, the opportunities are few and far between here.
This is a Jazz band playing in Central Park last week by Sheep Meadows. They looked about 15 or 16 and they were REALLY GOOD. It was such a fun day. We met some people in Bryces cluster for lunch in the park. It was a beatiful day and Averie had a ball especially since she finally got to spend some time with dad.

Thats the Empire State Building behind us. It's kind of weird that part of a daily routine can include passing by such famous tourist sights.






It was so crazy how many people were at the park. And they are all locals because tourists don't take blankets and books and lay in the park all day. There were more people just lounging around Sheeps Meadow than I see at the park on the 4th of July at the parade or fair in Layton. It's unbelieveable how many people actually live on this stinking island. But we had an amazing time. Look at the crowd behind me. REDICULOUS!




9 comments:

Chelsi Archibald said...

Glad to see you are doing well! Adorable invites for sure, you are super talented :) We sure miss you and hope to see you soon!

breckster said...

I was going to ask you if you found the paper here or had it already (the invite was lovely by the way), I'm kind of sad it wasn't from here... I was hoping you found somewhere that sells scrapbooking and craft stuff.

The Halbaschs said...

You look cute as always! Did you ever go back and buy those super cute skirts at H&M---the one you have on is adorable! Love ya! Jill

Heidi F said...

That is crazy how crowded Central Park is. WOW!
Cute invites. Check out www.stampinup.com if you ever need stamps or paper too. They have cute stuff and I'll give ya a deal!!
Cute pix. You look like you are getting super skinny. Hot mama.

Heidi F said...

Oh my gosh, I am logged on my mom's computer, so that "mom" comment is really Jill Kirk. Ha! I am laughing. Probably freaked ya out, huh!!

Brittanny said...

cute invites...the card group misses you I am sure! And what a fun place to live! The live band reminds me of the movie August Rush...(we just watched it) and it shows alot of NY...but it shows both the good and the ugly. I do hope you come to Utah sometime soon!

cristelle amber said...

The invites look way cute! Good job. And I love your outfit, always looking so stylish. I've never been to NY, it would be an awesome vacation. I can just pretend I'm vacationing when I look at your blog!

Heidi Rogers said...

Charissa, you are adorable and your little girl looks JUST LIKE YOU.. I am glad to see your blog and that you are doing well. Hope to hear from you soon.

Heidi Wilson Rogers

Brittanny said...

Reesh...Cute blog background by the way...and did I hear you might be coming to Utah in July? YAH! We need some good ol Waters time! And hey...how is the interviewing going for Bryce? I hope all is well...your mom reports often on Averie...she sure misses her- and you- (like you wouldn't believe!) Call me soon so we can chat! B

Playlist